Thursday 29 December 2011

Brother sufferer

This Christmas has been dominated by the news that my younger brother Paul, also has colitis. There are obviously genetic determinants to this disease. I have been occupied in the past few weeks as a dietary coach for my brother. He has gone for my approach to diet, without prompt or pressure. Having experienced two weeks of violent symptoms, he sought my advice and we have worked from there. I'm glad to say he is recovering well. He is however, finding the diet transition difficult, as did I. Going to restaurants becomes more chore than pleasure and family meals become a headache. That said, we are lucky to have an understanding family behind us.
He is reading the book that changed my life - "Self-Healing Colitis and Crohn's" by David Klein. Recommended reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment